Your laboratory has had its onsite assessment and instead of the expected accreditation you have been given a list of nonconformities that to be addressed within the next three months.
You need to address each nonconformity by
1. Taking actions to control and correct it.
2. Identifying and addressing the consequences
3. Investigating to identify its root cause(s)
4. Determining the extent of the nonconformity and if other similar nonconformities exist or could potentially occur. If other similar nonconformities are identified, these will need to be treated as separate nonconformities
5. Implementing corrective actions to prevent a reoccurrence
6. Evaluating the effectiveness of the corrective actions.
It is usual to find that a laboratory has issues in just one or two areas of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 International Standard and all other areas are issue free. An analysis of the nonconformities will identify the areas of the quality management system that need additional attention.
David Trew Consulting Ltd can help you address the nonconformities by assisting you to:
Identify the consequences of the nonconformity(ies)
Analyse the nonconformity(ies) and identify the root cause(s)
Determine the extent of the nonconformity
Determine if other similar nonconformities exist or could occur.
Identify and implement corrective actions to prevent a reoccurrence
Evaluate the effectiveness of the corrective actions.
To discuss your specific needs please click on the link below: